There are many testing tools available in the market like QTP, SilkUI, Selenium etc.
But jobs for Selenium testing are increasing in the market day by day. Selenium blows all the other testing tools out of the market. Since applications delivered on the web are increasing, even the demand for tools testing web applications is increasing.
Why Selenium is better than other testing tools:
- Selenium is an open source (i.e. you can download this tool for free) automation testing tool. We have QTP also for automation testing but you need to pay to HP guys if you want to use QTP.
- It is used exclusively for web-based applications.QTP can work on windows but Selenium can be used exclusively for web-based applications.
- You can work on multiple operating systems using Selenium. Selenium is the only tool which can work on MAC, Windows, Linux, Solaris.
- Currently, it supports mobile as well. There is another tool called Appeium which is an extension to Selenium. Appeium provides support to IOS as well as Android.
- You can write Selenium code in any of the below languages:
NOTE: If your application is built on one language, you may use some other language to automate it. Like if your application is developed in C# and to automate its testing you may use Java.
SO THE LANGUAGE WHAT YOU WRITE YOUR AUTOMATION CODE IS INDEPENDENT OF THE LANGUAGE WHAT YOUR APPLICATION IS BUILT ON.
- Selenium is the only tool which supports cross browsers.
Selenium support below browsers:
- Internet Explorer
Due to so many features (like multiple language support, multiple browser support, multiple OS support) provided by Selenium, it is so popular in the market.
Below is the Google trends image which shows why Selenium Testing is the most pursued skill.
As per the above graph, the only leader in the market is Selenium.
Look at the below graph to understand how the number of vacant jobs is continuously increasing.
In case you are interested to learn Selenium, then join Redbush Technologies. We are the best selenium training institute in Gurgaon.